Decreasing stock turns, delivery times that do not meet the target benchmarks and growing freight charges are indicators that it is time for an in-depth analysis of the supply chain strategy and structure. Reducing storage costs, achieving high capacities and reducing stock volumes as well as establishing a transparent and flexible system are crucial. This must apply to the overall structure, individual sites and all interfaces.
What are the advantages of a centralized warehouse when compared to decentralized structures? What are the costs of transportation and can transport be pooled without a loss in flexibility? How many handling stages can be removed from the current process? We have the answers to all these questions. In over 50 years, Pierau Logistics has successfully executed a multitude of logistics and supply chain projects with a wide range of different tasks, products, structures and customer requirements. In every one of these projects looking at the larger picture and analyzing each of these parameters was fundamental to producing a successful customized logistics solution.
Our services at a glance:
- Analysis of the current status
- Identifying the present supply chain structures and processes, interdependencies, channels of communication, the data exchange required and existing control functions.
- Defining the detail within the supply chain framework (interfaces, existing warehouse sites, service and supply contracts, customer requirements etc.)
- Determining and assessing KPIs.
- Analysis of any particular requirements placed on produced / distributed goods
- Determining market requirements
- Analysis of established processes and organization of individual sites as part of the supply chain system.
- Analysis, planning and implementation of future targets
- Joint definition of the real net output ratio
- Development of a stringent and transparent supply chain structure
- Detailed concept for transport movement, warehouse processes, sites and facilities
- Optimization of stock and the assignment of items to storage sites
- Support during the ”make or buy“ decision
- Site planning
- Coordination of IT systems and interfaces throughout the entire supply chain
- Defining logistics specifications for suppliers and carriers express and parcel service providers. Deal with pinch points of system.
- Introduce RFID or similar means of article identification
- Creating a synergy between delivery and distribution
- Decrease in transport movement and storage processes
- Achieve an ideal balance between stock, reaction time, delivery capability, supply reliability and costs.
- Increase in logistic flexibility
- Reduce administration to a minimum
- Reduce redundancy costs