Logistics planning goals are universal: an ideal balance between a high delivery performance, reliability, flexibility and scalability on the one hand and the lowest possible stock levels, minimal transportation and handling costs and a high level of economic efficiency on the other hand.
The range of technical solutions offered on the market is quite wide and growing from year to year. However, the implementation of the latest system does not ensure high performance. “Fully automated” is not synonymous with “productive”, “state-of-the-art technology” is not synonymous with “economically efficient”.
This is the reason why for Pierau Logistics the first step of the logistics planning process is always the assessment of the customer’s actual requirements. Based on practical experience from a multitude of similar logistics solutions, questionnaires tried, tested and continuously improved on over the years and our own calculated benchmarks, we can provide you with support in analyzing the current performance of your operation. We can develop present and future performance values and help move from the very first evaluation stage to arrive at a smoothly operating system.
We have already successfully planned and introduced different models for warehouse goods inwards systems, picking procedures, returns processing, cross docking and every other field of logistics for our customers. We know what is available in the market and we know which offerings and combinations thereof provide a real solution. We can not only identify potential concept improvements and positive changes to logistic processes we are also familiar with the relationship and interaction between individual processes.
Our goal is to provide a sustained, economically viable solution that is dynamically adaptable to changing requirements and can grow with the business. We will of course also offer our support at short notice in times of need.
Our services at a glance
- Central point of contact for all logistics and warehousing questions.
- Analyses of current and future performance indicators, feasibility and financial viability studies, review of existing concepts, MTM studies
- Reorganization, optimization and extension of existing logistics facilities
- Analysis and optimization of material and information flows
- Reduction in operating times as well as labour and material costs.
- Increase in the productivity of existing technologies by implementing new processes
- Identification and realization of potentials via detection and elimination of bottlenecks as well as identification and improvement of key performance parameters.
- Planning and realization of complete new logistics and distribution centers or application of expansion measures to existing ones
- Centralized project management throughout all planning stages, starting with a rough concept draft, followed by detailed planning, preliminary construction planning and operating details with specifications for the equipment suppliers.
- Planning of material flow, storage occupancy and information flow.
- Design and documentation of processes and work sequences
- Support in selecting and commissioning suitable software systems and IT structures
- Central coordination, monitoring of costs and schedules, coordination of manufacturers
- Preparation of tender documents, tender management
- Support in preparing, negotiating and implementing supplier contract terms and conditions.
- Creation of test scenarios, execution of tests and support during commissioning
- 3D visualization, animation, simulation.